I really liked the idea of looking down one of my lenses as the logo of this blog, but I hated seeing my own reflection in the lens and I just don’t have the setup in my home to get rid of that reflection. So, instead, I made the new logo you see below.
Not the best work, but for someone who’s not a graphic designer, I think I did a pretty fair job.
The only real hard part on this was the lag I was getting with Gimp (an open source alternative to photoshop). My Mac is getting a bit old now, and just doesn’t have the oomph to do a lot any longer. To create the aperture on the lens, I created the first blade and then copied it a bunch of times rotating each blade by 45-degrees more than the last. Unfortunately the old Mac found rotating them to be the hardest thing on the planet to compute and took about 10 minutes of ye ‘ol Mac pinwheel of death before it would break free and allow me to start the process again.
I guess the moral of the story is that I need to buy myself a new computer for creative ventures…Some day.